Hey Hey
Hello Temerity,

I have been browsing the EQmac.com forums as well as your own guild ones and I've gotten really interested in playing on your server. I recently switched to mac and when I stopped playing it was shortly after the release of Omens of War so it makes sense to avoid buying all the new expansions and I enjoy the old world a lot better (Luclin, PoP).

I use to play on Rodcet Knife (Quellious now) and was in the top guild (Ascent, now in WoW) for the last year I played but then college started etc. I was wondering first off if there was any custom character transfer thing Sony could do, because I didn't see Al'kabor on the server transfer list, and even though its different coding I wonder if they could just remake the character on Al'kabor (excluding Post-PoP items AA's).

But despite that all, I'm wondering how the community is on Al'kabor (total number of people?). Just from reading all the posts, its seems a very tight-knit community, but is that still the case because all those posts seemed very old.

I'm sorry for posting on your guild forums, I would have done it on EQMac.com but I don't know if I would've gotten a response, it looks dusty over there..

Thanks,

Tnair Sel'Acier
70 Wiz Quellious

Quick reply - no, you cannot transfer any characters from PC servers to here. And yes, it is a fairly tight knit community - a place where "everybody knows your name." Well sort of anyway...

It's a small population server, friendly in a way I'm told many PC servers aren't (I have no personal knowledge of that as this is the only place I've ever played EQ.) Less competition for camps or zones but on the other hand it can be harder to find groups - especially at low levels.

Welcome to Al'Kabor! And you are welcome to post here, this is what the public section is for!
[Image: sigpic914_1.gif]
Elder Daria Vervain - Lich Carolee Nightshade  - Sage Eraiya Meadowsweet - Sage Kylie Santolina - Sage Therma Nuclear - Venerable Lisbeth Artemisias

Greetings, and welcome to our little corner of Norrath.

First of all, no, SOE wont do any transfers from the PC side to Al'Kabor. This is mainly because EQPC has undergone so many changes that it is just too complicated and time consuming for them to do at any price. It was done once in the history of Al'Kabor, but it was for the semi-unoffical celebrity spokesman for EQ, none other than Curt Shilling (left 3 years ago for EQ2 and to be their official spokesman). As far as numbers on the server, last year the EQ Producer told me thatthere were about 800 accounts on Al'Kabor, but quite a few 2-6 box. The good news is that there has been a steady stream of ex-PC players discovering our server and loving the laid back lifestyle and tight community. If I were to guess, I'd say over 900 accounts right now with maybe 450 players.

Leveling on our server isn't as bad as all that. We have an across the board XP bonus that was added by our last dev that will help. Also, the community is real good about bestowing buffage to help the lower levels. Since there seems to be more newer players coming to our server, finding a group wont be too tough, and we have lots that are leveling up alts that you could group up with. A benefit of our smaller server size is that you will rarely, if ever, have difficulty finding an xp camp. As for raiding, we don't bust out the 72 man raids like the PC side, but we devise strats that have so far gotten us up to RZtW and into Sol Ro with 30 - 45 raiders.

All in all, I think you would have a fun time over here. The download is free. You can get your PC station account flagged for EQMac by going to this link and following all the instructions:

https://store.station.sony.com/digitalDistribution/base/detail.jsp?SKU=EQMAC-DD-SW0605-EQMACD

Just make sure you sign in with your station account that you want to log onto EQMac from, and all will be good to go. Read and follow the instructions and you'll be up and running in no time. SOE gives you 15 days free also, so come check us out....you wont regret it! Big Grin
[Image: cUfeQ.jpg]

Wulfgar 52 Warrior....frolicking in PoFire!

chown -R us ./base
[Image: 1874700.png]
[Image: 3656981.png]

Welcome to Al`Kabor, Svah!

Also, many of us 65s have alts that we play regularly.

I would post a hello on EQMac.com as well, it's not really as dead as it seems! :p

Hope to see you in game, look me up for buffs! Smile
Rheyn O'Seelen [Barbarian Prophet of the 65th rite](retired)
Alternates:
Onyanka D`Ssussun [Dark Elf Cleric of the 31st rung] & Nana [Halfling Druid of the 12th circle]
[Image: th_Bronies-tolerateandlove.jpg]

Welcome, really short reply since others have covered it so well already. If you decide to join us, come back and post who you are playing char name and class so we can look for you in game. Also as others have mentioned will be happy to provide buffs or summoned items.
[Image: 597.png]
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"]
Boombots:
Medicineman (65 Human Mith Marr Cleric), Twinblades (65 Dwarf Rogue), Rejected (65 Gnome Bertox Necro),
Cathbu (65 Halfling Karana Druid), Savmaster (65 Vah Shir Beastlord), Tenash Urteeth (65 Vah Shir Shaman),
Oben (65 Erudite Mage),
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hey Svah, always nice to see a PC to Mac convert!

Come on and join us in iNorrath, and you can get shammy iLove, and if you need any iTracking, I'm a fairly proficient lil ranja!

iThik
Forest Stalker Thiklan Ghengis
>>-------->   Keeper of the Wood :p
Thiklan's Mac'Gelo  Nesta's Mac'Gelo

[Image: ThiklanFinal.jpg]

here are the guidlines for asking The Spinja for buffs ( i felt refering to myself in third person was key)

A) If I am in Pok or PoT , then you may ask

B) when you ask , start out with a casual greeting , such as hello, or hi
asking "Hail to thee wayward Kei master, might i ask thee of a kei blessing" will only make me luagh followed by a prompt emote of my foot in your butt, then being ignored (well maybe not that bad)

C) ........ piss........ i forgot what the rest of these rules were .......

ok just ask politely and i am happy

look us up in game

oh and to surpass all those rules , you may roll a cleric, i go out of my way for clerics, as they are vital to my living/keeping of my xp

im shutting up now

p.s. warriors are good to

p.s.s noticed you where a wiz, wizards are ok, except for zorblak whos but i kiss for phat lewtz, he is teh pwnage of all nukerdom
INC MGB MEM BLUR!

Spinjas Ghost
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1364477

Spinja ,The Lyrical Ninja (AllaKabor Profile Coming soon)

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. -- Helen Keller

hey svah/tnair. Welcome!

A toon from my old stomping grounds on Quellious!

I think you'll really like Al'Kabor.
See ya in game!

Arguile
Arguile Ganjpuffer

Shtop looking at me shwan.

Dear Svan,

Ignore Spinjas. It is a small server so all of us know who the SPESHUL people are and we allow for their needs. Besides, he can be entertaining.
Wotan at your service!

Welcome to the fun house!! If you need any ranja type stuffs, feel free to send me a tell. I will be more then happy to help if I'm not getting myself killed!!>>---->RANJA DOWN!! lol :p :p Big Grin Big Grin

Tolnak
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

--Benjamin Franklin

[Image: 2048670.png]

Spinja Wrote:here are the guidlines for asking The Spinja for buffs ( i felt refering to myself in third person was key)

B) when you ask , start out with a casual greeting , such as hello, or hi
asking "Hail to thee wayward Kei master, might i ask thee of a kei blessing" will only make me luagh followed by a prompt emote of my foot in your butt, then being ignored (well maybe not that bad)

C) ........ piss........ i forgot what the rest of these rules were .......

ok just ask politely and i am happy

look us up in game

oh and to surpass all those rules , you may roll a cleric, i go out of my way for clerics, as they are vital to my living/keeping of my xp

im shutting up now

p.s. warriors are good to

p.s.s noticed you where a wiz, wizards are ok, except for zorblak whos but i kiss for phat lewtz, he is teh pwnage of all nukerdom

And when you give up trying to figure spinjas out just shoot me a /t and I'll load up my chanter to KEI you instead.

Hey there,

I'm a fellow PC transplant - I played on Stromm for a bit back in ummm 03ish, and it was fun, but I've gotta tell you that this server is rocking. It's very laid back, and is a closely knit community. I started up here a couple years ago, and love it.

Al'Kabor embodies what SOE was trying to provide for players on their new progression servers. Start from scratch and progress through the old school game the way it was meant to be played. That IS this server.

I had the same questions when I came here, the biggest being "Can I bring my PC toon here?" I told myself that if I couldn't bring my Cleric here that I just wouldn't play. Who wants to start all over, right? Well leveling up on Al'Kabor was a challenge and a lot of fun, and I'm proud of the work and time I put into my Pally. Man, am I glad I stuck it out...

So give Al'Kabor a shot - I think you'll dig it, and make sure you shoot me a tell in game for buffs or help or whatever!!

Hope to see you mate.

OB

Spinja Wrote:here are the guidlines for asking The Spinja for buffs ( i felt refering to myself in third person was key)

B) Blah Blah Blah Blah... random ridiculous blubbering... blah some more...

Spin, were you drunk when you wrote this? If not, I might have to slap you... Wink

Karili, 65 Vah Shir Beastlord
Aslana, 50-something Erudite Enchanter

no , i dont drink anymore

but it was for semi entertainment purposes
INC MGB MEM BLUR!

Spinjas Ghost
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1364477

Spinja ,The Lyrical Ninja (AllaKabor Profile Coming soon)

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. -- Helen Keller

Hi again,

Thanks for all the responses and explanations, it helped out a ton to get a picture of the Al'Kabor server. I'm still going to try and get SOE to reroll my PC side char for me on Al'kabor, I know its probably useless but logic of my pre-2001 potime+ geared wizard screams at me to still try until another degree of logic slaps me in the face haha.

I was mainly looking to cross over because I'd like to start playing again, but with college and a job it wouldn't be nearly as much as I use to before. Plus I like all the oldschool zones (high end velious/luclin) like soloing Tofs with my wizard and couldn't keep up with all the new expansions.

I'll probably go as Svah if I reroll and I'll be sure to look you all up. Labor Day weekend seems open heehee..