EQMac.com having issues?
Getting this message..

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database
[Image: cUfeQ.jpg]

Wulfgar 52 Warrior....frolicking in PoFire!

chown -R us ./base
[Image: 1874700.png]
[Image: 3656981.png]

I have that issue intermittently all the time. It seems as if it loses its connection to the DB for a few seconds at a time sporadically. For what it's worth, it works fine for me right now.

Yeah, was just odd because it kept giving me that message for about 15 minutes. Strangely enough, the post I was making at the time made it through just fine. /boggle

chown -R us ./base

*sigh*

EQMac's provider has decided to do something to their network recently. I'm not sure if it caused the SQL database connection errors you saw, but it is certainly affecting my being able to connect to the site.

Unfortunately, it's all on the provider's side this time, and there's nothing I can do. Tongue
Nikolai Lianfyrr,
Khati Sha Feral Lord

Utdaan Wrote:Getting this message..

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Actually, what you are getting is a new EQ.mac flame protector. It shows that you have posted too many negative threads. You will be permitted a temporary access. During that time you will need to post at least 10 happy posts, think fluffy kitties. If you pass the test you will be allowed to remain.

This new system is completely and totally non existent but I thought I would help you create a bit of confusion.
Wotan at your service!

Lovely new message now since Thursday afternoon...

Quote:phpBB : Critical Error

Error creating new session

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1016 Can't open file: 'phpbb_sessions.MYI'. (errno: 145)

INSERT INTO phpbb_sessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in, session_admin) VALUES ('af1fe4007aa93defbb03a85f267efa65', 481, 1189778365, 1189778365, '46a7a607', 0, 1, 0)

Line : 187
File : sessions.php

Any ideas, Nik?

chown -R us ./base

The service provider was blaming it on MySQL, saying that there was a "table" error of some kind, that it "happens on occasion". It isn't on EQMac's code or data, nor on the recent changes they made to the provider's servers/service, but rather something that "just happens". In any case they were really clever and managed to fix it.

Yeah, my B.S. detector is going nuts, too.
Nikolai Lianfyrr,
Khati Sha Feral Lord