Bertoxxulous Falls
For only the fourth time, Al'kabor was greeted with these words:

A nimbus of light floods throughs the crypt in one magnificent wave as an earth shattering howl is heard. The bringer of plagues, lord of all disease and decay, Bertoxxulous has been defeated. Suddenly an urgent whisper fills your head simply saying, 'The Torch of Lxanvom shall burn bright again. Freedom is now ours, for that we thank you.'

Temerity officially moved out of our summer doldrums and into our Fall progression push with our smoothest and most impressive Bert kill yet. Starting with a smooth (and fast) Grummus kill, we moved into the Crypt of Decay and clicked down to the lower levels lxanvom. When the dust settled (and our adrenaline rush started to ebb), Bertoxxulous was dead. We even had 10 minutes left on the event timer when he dropped. Great job staying focused all. It felt a little rusty to start, and we had some dips with a couple of the Adans, but we managed to keep a very tight focus with a lot of new people there and put in a convincing defeat. More than 60 percent of our active raiding force turned out (we had 47 live bodies in there for the Bertoxxulous kill). Stay tuned for our next set of major events.

[Image: bert1.jpg]

[Image: bert2.jpg]

There was much rejoicing.

[SIZE="4"]Decayed Shoes of the Plaguebringer X 2[/SIZE]
MAGIC ITEM  LORE ITEM  NO DROP  
Slot: FEET  
AC: 15  
STR: +12  DEX: +8  STA: +8  WIS: +15  
INT: +15  HP: +115  MANA: +115  SV DISEASE: +25  
Recommended level of 58.
Focus Effect: Conservation of Solusek
WT: 0.8  Size: SMALL
Class: CLR DRU SHM NEC WIZ MAG ENC 
Race: ALL
[Image: 666.gif]
Congratulations to Redleaf and Nadivina on their new (stinky) shoes.

great work guys!
[Image: 773.png]

Congrats everyone on your Bert kill! Big Grin

Congrats Temerity!

And thank you again for the Grummus flag!

Blessed Be!

~Emryes, Enchanter Extraordinaire

Great job all! Sorry I couldn't be there--Wed. are staff meetings from 9:30 till 11:00, so no raiding for me. Hope to see you all in Norrath very soon Smile
Master Eildar the Courageous Lord

Awesome guys. Congrats!

This was the smoothest kill yet! I couldn't get a nuke in on the trash before it was dead, amazing DPS last night. Thanks to everyone for coming out and making this happen. RZtW probably heard Bert as he crashed to the floor in defeat last night, and he better be shaking, cause he's NEXT.

Cromis Wrote:Congratulations to Redleaf and Nadivina on their new (stinky) shoes.

...um, why was Bert wearing 2 pairs of shoes? :p

That was one of the funnest raids I've been on in a while! Thanks to all of those people that logged on and made it possible...

God of Warrrrarrr, come out and plaayaaaay!

I have a feeling this year is going to end well... Smile
Rheyn O'Seelen [Barbarian Prophet of the 65th rite](retired)
Alternates:
Onyanka D`Ssussun [Dark Elf Cleric of the 31st rung] & Nana [Halfling Druid of the 12th circle]
[Image: th_Bronies-tolerateandlove.jpg]

Congrats Temerity!

And thank you again for letting me tag along for Grummus!

Blessed Be!

~Emryes, Enchanter Extraordinaire

Actually, it was the fourth kill, IIRC. The "only druids left" kill (which I missed), then I was flagged on the next kill, Rheyn on the following, and then last night. (just looked it up, and yes -- 4 kills Wink)
[Image: 1424.png]

Rheyn Wrote:God of Warrrrarrr, come out and plaayaaaay!

10 DKP to Rheyn for the excellent reference.

Grats on the kill guys! [Image: cheers.gif]
• Socratus Wittgenstein - Retired.
• Zinovya - Human Cleric...err...Holy Paladin
• Dominica - Draenei Mage
Shield of Azeroth, Alleria

And there’s a hand my trusty friend!  And gives a hand o’ thine!
And we’ll take a right good-will draught, for auld lang syne.
For auld lang syne, my dear, for auld lang syne,
We’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet, for auld lang syne.

Zorblak Wrote:10 DKP to Rheyn for the excellent reference.

LOLZ!!!

Deths Wrote:Actually, it was the fourth kill, IIRC. The "only druids left" kill (which I missed), then I was flagged on the next kill, Rheyn on the following, and then last night. (just looked it up, and yes -- 4 kills Wink)

I was thinking it was 4 also, but didn't have the time to look.

The first kill was the most satisfying, I got flagged! Wink

Second kill Ed got flagged, since some how half the raid didn't get flagged the first time.

Third time, I was the only Warrior. Sad (Utdaan had to log on Louie just barely in time for Bert) That one sucked the most of all the tries and kills ever.

Then last night just looked easy, although it wasn't. Wink

Great job everyone! You should all be proud! Every time we kill him we get better at it!
Bora Gann
Warrior of Rallos Zek
     (Retired)

Great work guys! I enjoyed listening to the fight from PoT after I got 1 rounded haha... Overall We did a killer job, even after the near wipe on the Adans. I can't wait for the next big target!!!

OB