The God of War has fallen
It was a dark and stormy night...

Bora Wrote:We are having large electrical storm at the moment. I just got the router back up again. The last lightning strike was half a block over. I will be unplugging everything for now until the storm passes. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. It has already been going on for nearly an hour with the lightning strikes just now hitting close to my house.

Ever since Al'Kabor came online, Rallos Zek has been standing watch over the pit in the Plane of Tactics. For years, he sat undisturbed, until last spring. The forces of Temerity began invading his home. His two seneschals, Decorin Berik and Decorin Grunhork, were butchered by the forces of Temerity, but Rallos Zek lived on. His brothers, Vallon and Tallon, were struck down, but Rallos Zek remained.

As time passed, Rallos Zek began to fear for his life. After the murder of his brothers, he came forth from his place of rest to strike us down, but he could not do so. Even with his guards joining the fight, we managed to drive him out and into the Pit.

It was there he made his stand. Once, twice, three times, we fought him, and each time, he prevailed. But each time, we came closer to defeating him. So Rallos Zek was scared.

At last it came, the day of reckoning. October 3rd, 2007: Rallos Zek's last night alive.

Quote:[Wed Oct 3 20:25:25 2007] Welcome to EverQuest!
[Wed Oct 3 20:25:25 2007] You have entered Plane of Knowledge.
[Wed Oct 3 20:25:26 2007] GUILD MOTD: Zorblak - Knock knock. Who's there? Rallos Zek's mama. Rallos Zek's mama who? Rallos Zek's mama is going to be crying Wednesday night, because her precious baby boy will be dead.

The intrepid raid force assembled in the Plane of Tranquility, enjoying a last moment of peace before storming Drunder.

Quote:[Wed Oct 3 20:31:53 2007] Rysia tells the guild, 'MGB some pizza and beer please'

The time had come, the battle was on. The raid force entered the Fortress of Zek, and we swiftly made our way to the battle ground. Decorin Berik and Decorin Grunhork were once again dispatched with brutal efficiency. Vallon Zek assailed us, and he brought some guards with him, but he could not stand against our might.

But Rallos Zek had some tricks left up his sleeve.

Quote:[Wed Oct 3 21:38:17 2007] Sikkorak tells temraidcore:6, 'Hmm, no Tallon.'
[Wed Oct 3 21:39:46 2007] Sikkorak tells temraidcore:6, 'Not on track, just got the response.'
[Wed Oct 3 21:40:18 2007] You tell your raid, 'We're experiencing some technical difficulties... Tallon Zek doesn't seem to have spawned. trying to figure out if he's hiding somewhere.'

Rallos thought that by hiding his brother, he could save himself. But it could not last. Our seasoned scouts located the missing Zek, and we fought to corral him and bring him to his death.

And then, disaster struck. Tallon Zek suddenly shifted tactics, and charged into the fray. With him came numerous guards, too many to handle, and the mighty Temerity raid machine was destroyed. We soon found ourselves once again in the Plane of Tranquility, feeling anything but tranquil.

One short CR later, we were ready to try again. We crawled in, cleared the two triggers, and...

Quote:[Wed Oct 3 22:59:19 2007] Mechaike tells temraidcore:6, 'he ran right by us and thru door'

Vallon Zek knew he could not stand alone against our might, and so, like a coward, he ran away to the protection of his guards. Our super pull team set to work, brought forth Vallon Zek for us to kill, and then

Quote:[Wed Oct 3 23:06:40 2007] You tell your raid, 'FAGIOH!$I&%!(%!U VZ, warped'

He fled again! And when he returned, it was with guards, too many to take on, and once again, we were defeated.

But Temerity has never given up in the face of defeat, and this night was no different.

Quote:[Wed Oct 3 23:15:26 2007] You tell your raid, 'OK, we're going to corpse summon and form up again.'
[Wed Oct 3 23:15:39 2007] You tell your raid, 'But we're not giving up. RZ dies tonight.'

Once again, we formed up, we charged in, we killed the triggers. Rallos knew he could not hold us off, and he brought down the spectre of Link Death upon us:

Quote:[Thu Oct 4 00:13:50 2007] Kaboom has left the raid.
[Thu Oct 4 00:14:00 2007] Thiklan has left the raid.
[Thu Oct 4 00:17:05 2007] Kaotic has left the raid.
[Thu Oct 4 00:17:38 2007] Kwelynin tells the guild, 'If anyone is LD, speak up now!'
[Thu Oct 4 00:17:42 2007] Nilwein has left the raid.
[Thu Oct 4 00:30:32 2007] Utdaan has left the raid.

And still, we soldiered on. Vallon Zek fell, Tallon Zek fell, and Rallos Zek was once more forced to come forth and face us himself. And once again, we drove him out from his lair, and into the pit. This was where the final showdown would be.

We rebuffed, and we headed down to the pit to face the God of War. We reached our fight point, and started our final preparations. But after all of his tricks, his attempts to hide, to avoid his fate, Rallos Zek decided to take matters into his own hands:

Quote:[Thu Oct 4 00:48:07 2007] You tell your raid, 'Invis up and move to SE corner of pit now.'
[Thu Oct 4 00:48:44 2007] Bora tells temcc:2, '___ spliting Rallos Zek the Warlord ___'
[Thu Oct 4 00:48:48 2007] Arguile tells temheals:7, 'START ROT'
[Thu Oct 4 00:48:51 2007] You tell your raid, 'RZ'
[Thu Oct 4 00:48:52 2007] You tell your raid, 'RZ'
[Thu Oct 4 00:48:53 2007] You tell your raid, 'RZ'

Yes, he jumped us. But we were ready. Our tank leaped into action in a split second, our healers started pouring out the healage, and the DPS cranked up to full burn. The kiters prepped themselves, and started pulling massive trains as soon as the adds spawned. The raid leader started frantically shouting instructions.

[Image: RZInstructions.jpg]

Everyone acted smoothly, calmly, and did their jobs. RZ was falling quickly. Soon he was almost dead.

[Image: RZHealth.jpg]

But had we been able to hold it together enough? Did we have enough people left alive and well to finish him off?

[Image: RZPeople.jpg]

Yes!

And the final result? I think these three screenshots speak for themselves:

[Image: PoAirPeople.jpg]
[Image: PoEarthPeople.jpg]
[Image: PoWaterPeople.jpg]

Welcome, Temerity, to the Elemental Planes.

That was the most exciting fight in such a long time for me.

Starting as you noted with not sure if I would able to log in an hour and half before raid time. Right up until the call to move to the pit.

The engage was what, 37 seconds from the call to move to the pit. I was just hoping we had enough healers and DPS in the pit already as not to wipe early.

I was on teamspeex with Nilwein and Fancy calling RZtW's health to them after they both had died.

It was amazing, exciting and best of all I lived through the entire fight.

The only thing that could have been better is, if he had dropped the much coveted sword.

Let this serve as a warning Rallos Zek, we are coming back for you again and again until you give us what we want!

Now I have to change my signature. I was a disciple of Rallos Zek, but since we have killed him, doesn't that make him now a disciple of Temerity?
Bora Gann
Warrior of Rallos Zek
     (Retired)

Bora Wrote:Now I have to change my signature. I was a disciple of Rallos Zek, but since we have killed him, doesn't that make him now a disciple of Temerity?

Classic, Bora!

(but we all know you are a desciple of Ed ;P)

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR LOGGING ON LAST NIGHT!

I personally want to thank Janribet and Jumador for logging on as well!

I couldn't log on in time because of RL and was so pleased to see that Jumador logged on (yay for "free" wireless!) and became a slowin' machine!

AND THEN, thank you Janribet's WoW guild for wiping and pissing him off enough to log in. Janribet stepped up full swing and was making me proud to be his shaman sister! Smile

I was so impressed with our force. I knew he was done for. This was an amazing fight!

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone that is now Elemental Planar!

REVENGE. How sweet it is.

Big Grin
Rheyn O'Seelen [Barbarian Prophet of the 65th rite](retired)
Alternates:
Onyanka D`Ssussun [Dark Elf Cleric of the 31st rung] & Nana [Halfling Druid of the 12th circle]
[Image: th_Bronies-tolerateandlove.jpg]

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

It wasn't a dream!

Thik
Forest Stalker Thiklan Ghengis
>>-------->   Keeper of the Wood :p
Thiklan's Mac'Gelo  Nesta's Mac'Gelo

[Image: ThiklanFinal.jpg]

Thiklan Wrote:OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

It wasn't a dream!

Thik

LOL, This made me laugh so hard! Big Grin
Bora Gann
Warrior of Rallos Zek
     (Retired)

Thiklan Wrote:...OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

It wasn't a dream!

Thik
What Thik said!Big Grin Big Grin

Tolnak
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

--Benjamin Franklin

[Image: 2048670.png]

Yes and THANK YOU to those who came back from the land of summer M.I.A. (or longer) to help with the victory...

Sathaim, Starsha, Brein, Rummel, Tabis, Janribet, Mordor!, Mangoo, (no offense if I left you off the list... except Frer, F him. :p )

Every live body helps a lot, and we're glad you still like to play with us.

Z

[SIZE="7"]WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT![/SIZE]
~~~ On Indefinite Hiatus ~~~
Huntress Kelluae Shadetree, Forest Stalker
Alts: Lanfear - Ella - Graendel - Shassa - Ondott - Sanika
Trader: Korra

WoW Alter Ego:
Illyx, Draenei Shaman

Congratulation guys. Smile

Intricately Etched Seashell... drool...
-- Bastette of Ysera
-- Bastette of Al'Kabor

GRATZ YOU GUYS....IT'S AWESOME TO BE PART OF THIS GUILD....
I can hear a bullfrog calling me!!!!!!
GREEN RIVER by CCR... gotta love it.

[SIZE="6"]CONGRATS GUYS!! Big Grin [/SIZE]

Very proud of you guys!!!!! WOOT!

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/..._id=120328
[Image: 1424.png]

Just curious, did anyone notice who got the kill shot? Smile

Karili, 65 Vah Shir Beastlord
Aslana, 50-something Erudite Enchanter