Ashen Rage clears VT!
Voltari Wrote:I hope you die of gonnorhea (sp) and rot in hell for all of eternity, have a nice day Big Grin

harsh.
[Image: 773.png]

But not undeserved.
~~~ On Indefinite Hiatus ~~~
Huntress Kelluae Shadetree, Forest Stalker
Alts: Lanfear - Ella - Graendel - Shassa - Ondott - Sanika
Trader: Korra

WoW Alter Ego:
Illyx, Draenei Shaman

I am a spammer. My IP address is 83.220.195.57. Please DOS me, so that I will never again be able to use the Intarweb.

roflmao!

DOS???
Main -
Bloodletter The (65 Beastlord of Temerity
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1305289)

Alts -
Bloodletter The (65 Beastlord of Temerity) http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1305289)
Doerden Bloodless (65 Necromancer of Temerity)
Itunes (65 Bard of Temerity http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1371193)
Spie VSpie (42 Rogue of Temerity)
Starsha Wrote:p.s. mental note, don't piss of BL, he'll come after me with teeth, claws, and the law!

Denial of Service - if a lot of people all at once send stuff to an address or click on a web page the server is overwhelmed and can't operate any more. *

*see slashdotted....

grin
There is the right way, the wrong way and, of course, the Cisco way.

I'm even stupider than you all thought. I come back to the same site, but from a new IP address (218.75.110.163), and I try the same dumb shit. I'm begging you people, please, come find me and punish me. I need it!

LOL I heart Zorb
~~~ On Indefinite Hiatus ~~~
Huntress Kelluae Shadetree, Forest Stalker
Alts: Lanfear - Ella - Graendel - Shassa - Ondott - Sanika
Trader: Korra

WoW Alter Ego:
Illyx, Draenei Shaman

Hey all
Does anybody know how to switch off the data execution prevention feature in Windows XP?

Unregistered Wrote:Hey all
Does anybody know how to switch off the data execution prevention feature in Windows XP?

OK, this one's bizarre enough that I don't even want to edit it. Not sure what the point of this one was.

I'm still gonna post his IP, though, just for kicks: 64.34.173.105 (Do we have anyone who is both willing and able to actually attack these IPs?)

I'm also going to try to find why unregistered people can even post on this thread. That shouldn't be hard to fix, I'd think.

I am willing, but unable .... since i'm a newb at that stuff.

Zorblak Wrote:I'm still gonna post his IP, though, just for kicks: 64.34.173.105 (Do we have anyone who is both willing and able to actually attack these IPs?)

whois 64.34.173.105

Peer 1 Network Inc. PEER1-BLK-08 (NET-64-34-0-0-1)
64.34.0.0 - 64.34.255.255
ServerBeach PEER1-SERVERBEACH-02 (NET-64-34-160-0-1)
64.34.160.0 - 64.34.191.255

This isn't a static IP. It's an ISP, so he's posting from a computer that can have different IPs. No point in DoS (other than the fact that a DoS attack is illegal).

What you need to do, Zorb, is to post the e-mail address he used to register for the account here, so the spam-bots pick it up.
Nikolai Lianfyrr,
Khati Sha Feral Lord

Nikolai Wrote:What you need to do, Zorb, is to post the e-mail address he used to register for the account here, so the spam-bots pick it up.

Yeah. This is why I need to disable unregistered posting.

i'm wondering if that question about turning off the Windows XP execution thingy was a suggestion as to where there the exploit lies?
Leisure

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." - Aldous Huxley

Nope. It's not an exploit. They're just spamming.

Their goal is to get you to click on a link in their signature, a post or their profile.

The link will generally contains code (usually the Microsoft net "standard" code) which will exploit Windows security issues to get personal information from your computer.

On EQMac, I get 2-3 of these guys a day registering for accounts. I have the forum there set to require a verified e-mail address to register and post. If they don't verify their account, they won't even show up in the user list, so you can't see their profile or their links.

I have over 100 domains from which I won't accept registrations. Probably 80% are .ru or other Eastern European domains.
Nikolai Lianfyrr,
Khati Sha Feral Lord