Secret places
Redleaf Wrote:Caverns:
-40 -570 0

Grimlings:
-345 -215 -30

wtf is this about?

Actually almost all of the zones in EQ have a box textured somewhere with what is generally one of the zone-in coordinates pasted on them, or other zone-lines. Its almost always far out of bounds, but you can find a few of them through creative mechanics. More if you are running a private server and flying through the walls. I may be wrong, but I remember reading it had something to do with debugging the zones before the zone lines were intact. Inside those boxes is where the characters loaded in during the EQ test phase, and the devs had to use coords to get around, so they wrote them on the walls of the box for easy access.

Delorne Wrote:there's one with a picture of a kitty on the walls, I forget which zone.
If you run thru the zone line in Upper Guk, there's a kitty texture on the wall behind it.
Wookie is just this guy, ya know.

If you levi to the top of PoK spire directly out from Library ent and face left then run toward wall you can see a platform floating in midair outside the wall. Not sure why its there.
[Image: 599.png]
Lullaby - Ench / Rezinator - Cleric / Molten - Mage
Alts: / Celeborn - Bard / Tyrionn - Druid / Tyranno - Beastlord / Bubonic - Shadowknight / Moab - Wizard / Akasha - Necro / Thrain - Pally / Arwen - Ranger

Redleaf Wrote:...banned by photobucket...

i guess we'll take your word for it?

my pic is acrylia caverns.
Mechaike

Mechaike Wrote:i guess we'll take your word for it?

I think they had an issue with the file name. Heh.

[Image: Whereami.jpg]

Where am I?
[Image: 709.png]
[Image: 776.png]

glimi Wrote:[qimg]http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac241/dterbush/Whereami.jpg[/qimg]

Where am I?

Looks like Kedge, but is red colored like SD. Did you color the image to throw us off a bit?

I'd say it looks like Shadeweaver's Thicket, the lava area that looks like a zone line but isn't actually one. But I'm not too sure about that...

Redleaf---no photo retouching

Delorne---nope

I'm sure someone else has been here at some point, but not likely very many have.

Here's a hint, the toon was not taking any fire damage.

Try and do better than guessing the zone, guess where in the zone.
[Image: 709.png]
[Image: 776.png]

I know you said you arent taking fire damage but it looks like the lava tunnels in SolB between bat area and efreeti? I used to love swimming around those with my monk on PC, so it could be many of the places down in SolB... but thats my guess
Lich NarkElder HempExarch Tart Plus - More - Bonus - Lite
Elder Hemper (RIP)

His hint said no lava damage, and I don't see a breath meter either so I'm guessing he's not underwater. I'm restricting myself to one guess per pic.

hemper Wrote:I know you said you arent taking fire damage but it looks like the lava tunnels in SolB between bat area and efreeti? I used to love swimming around those with my monk on PC, so it could be many of the places down in SolB... but thats my guess

this is what i thought too. but of course, no fire damage.
[Image: 773.png]

Glimi's has me stumped, so I'm adding two more to the thread as retribution Tongue These ones are somewhat less vague so they're easier to identify if you've ever seen them...

This is two views of the same room from opposite ends, where exactly is this room and why would anyone go there?

And this is a different one:

(Edited: uploaded new versions of the screen caps, with brighter colors)
[Image: 749.png]

Second is Emperor Ganak(sp?) throne in trakanons teeth?
[Image: 599.png]
Lullaby - Ench / Rezinator - Cleric / Molten - Mage
Alts: / Celeborn - Bard / Tyrionn - Druid / Tyranno - Beastlord / Bubonic - Shadowknight / Moab - Wizard / Akasha - Necro / Thrain - Pally / Arwen - Ranger

Murdoc Wrote:Second is Emperor Ganak(sp?) throne in trakanons teeth?

nope.
[Image: 749.png]