eq mac down?
Quote:General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table './cjgannon/phpbb3_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Yay for screwed up things when I need to access the PM's there/ Sad

Edit: I sent Nik a text that the site is down.
[Image: cUfeQ.jpg]

Wulfgar 52 Warrior....frolicking in PoFire!

chown -R us ./base
[Image: 1874700.png]
[Image: 3656981.png]

Having the problem also.
[Image: 680.png]
Crickett, Sprint, Atnt, and Tmobile

MySQL issue. Fixed.

Next time, (if you don't have my phone # to text me) send an e-mail to my eqmac.com address (nikolai). I get e-mail more frequently than I check forums.
Nikolai Lianfyrr,
Khati Sha Feral Lord

It's dead, Jim.

Not even an error msg!

*sigh* It's a DNS issue. Not a damn thing I can do about it.

I guess not only do I need to get a new host, I need to register my domain name somewhere else, as well. Hopefully, someone will work this out "soon"!
Nikolai Lianfyrr,
Khati Sha Feral Lord

Nikolai Wrote:*sigh* It's a DNS issue. Not a damn thing I can do about it.

I guess not only do I need to get a new host, I need to register my domain name somewhere else, as well. Hopefully, someone will work this out "soon"!

How long is the ttl set to?

We run 3 DNS servers, might not do much good for a while tho.

Edit: Checked, the domain record expired and is currently available. Shout if you need someone to take this up and where to point it.

Wizman Wrote:How long is the ttl set to?
Either 300 secs or 24 hours...I can't remember.

Wizman Wrote:Edit: Checked, the domain record expired and is currently available. Shout if you need someone to take this up and where to point it.

Who is responsible for the record, my hosting service or my domain registrar? The domain name should be mine until March (I'll need to renew it soon...).
Nikolai Lianfyrr,
Khati Sha Feral Lord

Nikolai Wrote:Either 300 secs or 24 hours...I can't remember.

Who is responsible for the record, my hosting service or my domain registrar? The domain name should be mine until March (I'll need to renew it soon...).

I just checked and it does in fact show that the Domain expires on 11 March 2011.

chown -R us ./base

Sounds like your hosting company is set to the billing contact (probably technical also), if the domain expired and you weren't notified at least.

And seeing Ut's post, this morning the domain showed expiration on Jan 3 2011, so whatever, it's back up.

Not really "up" though. If I go to my bookmark for the forums, I get a cannot load page error. However, if I go to the home and then click the forums link (same address...go figure) I'm in but only for a few minutes.

chown -R us ./base

Utdaan Wrote:Not really "up" though. If I go to my bookmark for the forums, I get a cannot load page error. However, if I go to the home and then click the forums link (same address...go figure) I'm in but only for a few minutes.

It was up, most ISP's don't handle DNS well. Google OpenDNS, they have free servers, enter a couple of IP addresses and it will get rid of a significant portion of the problems.

Yeah I tend to use either OpenDNS or Google Public DNS as upstreams for clients lately. Actually, being the kind of network geek that I am, I usually run a private cache or two inside the local network (at home, or at a small server site at some datacenter or whatever), but even then I tend to point that cache at these upstreams rather than having it recurse directly.

OpenDNS is at:

GoogleDNS is at:

You can plug any subset of those 4 numbers in as your DNS server in place of the one your ISP gives you.

The magic (aside from them just running less failure-prone and more standards-compliant caches to begin with) is that those DNS cache server IP addresses are what are known as Anycast addresses, meaning that each single IP address above actually routes to several geographically distributed servers, and your traffic will automatically reach the nearest available server in the event of network outages. This makes their DNS service very very reliable.
[Image: 749.png]

I don't have the option to use OpenDNS here at work. So, I suffer through the hiccups. :p

chown -R us ./base